CONTENTS OF THE ARCHIVE
- Background Documents and LettersSome of the documents are akin to manifestos, other documents provide historical background information on the salons and the ideas behind them. Letters are also included in this section.
- NewslettersThe newsletters, especially those produced by the New York Woman's Salon (the earliest of the salons) provide information about the intellectual milieu of women writers. They list events, such as readings, discussions, and performances, and also contain statements by the organizers on particular topics.
- Select Photographs from the archive
- Announcements of Salon exhibitions and performances
- Bibliography of articles on the salons which appeared in periodicals around the world.
The site is maintained by Ruth Wallach, USC Libraries.