The bollard featured below is on the south/east corner of Vine and Hollywood. It features the following text: "The Hollywood Boulevard Commercial and Entertainment District is listed in the national register of Historic Places. Comprised of more than one hundred buildings, the District extends along the boulevard from Argyle Avenue to Sycamore Avenue. Most of the buildings were constructed in the 1920s and 1930s during the Golden Age of Hollywood. They are the community's physical link to the past. Hollywood and Vine, an intersection known the world over, is at the heart of the "entertainment capital" of the world. Located nearby are motion picture studios, television production and recording studios, radio stations, and theaters for stage performances. The industry's most prestigious award ceremony, the Academy Awards for Excellence in Motion Pictures, was held at the Pantages from 1949 to 1959. During Hollywood's Golden Age, Hollywood and Vine was home to many of the most famous nightclubs, theaters, and restaurants. Celebrities danced the night away at the Brown Derby, Sardi's Clara Bow's "It" Cafe and Al Levy's Tavern. They met their fans for breakfast at Tom Breneman's a restaurant from which live interviews were broadcast on national radio. Movies, live performances, and radio shows could be experienced at the Palace, the Vine Street Theatre (now the Doolittle), and the Pantages. The "skyscrapers" at Hollywood and Vine are symbols of the importance of the intersection in the Golden Age of Hollywood. As support facilities of the entertainment industry in finance and commerce, such ornate edifices as the Equitable Building, the Taft Building and the B. H. Dyas Building contributed to the image of Hollywood Boulevard as the "style center of the world." The buildings at Hollywood and Vine have appeared in countless motion pictures and television productions from the 1920s to the present."