Text from a commemorative marker: "Plummer Park. Part of lands occupied by Senora Francisca Perez under preemption law as early as 1869. Surveyed in 1971 as public lands. Deeded by Senora Perez to Eugene H. Plummer in 1877. U.S. patent issued in 1880. Purchased by County of Los Angeles in 1937. Marked by Californiana Parlor No. 247, Native Daughters of the Golden West, May 18, 1946."
Text from marker dedicated to the victims of Babi Yar: "In memory of the victims of Holocaust. Dedicated on September 29, 1991 by the immigrant community from the former Soviet Union to Commemorate 50th Anniversary of the Babi Yar Massacre. Names of those who perished during World War II are encapsulated into this monument. WE SHALL NEVER FORGET." (text repeats in Russian translation.)
The Sphinx sculpture is titled The Riddle of the Sphinx, and was designed by artist Richard Turner in 2001. The sponsor was the City of West Hollywood Urban Art Program. Text from pedestal on which the sculpture is situated reads: "What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three legs in the evening"
Text from marker dedicated to G. Shumway Suffel: "Dedicated birder, gardner, conservationist. Shum's devotion and enthusiasm for birds and their habitat were inspiring."