Riverside Drive and Los Feliz Boulevard. Mulholland park was developed ca. 1940 and redesigned in 2013 as the L. A. Aqueduct Centennial Garden.
Mulholland Fountain, designed by Walter S. Claberg. Constructed in 1940:
Memorial plaque, placed in 1940. Text reads:
William Mulholland 1855-1935. A penniless Irish immigrant boy who rose by the force of his industry, intelligence, integrity and intrepidity to be a sturdy American citizen, a self-educated engineering genius, a whole-hearted humanitarian, the father of the city’s water system, and the builder of the Los Angeles aqueduct: This memorial is gratefully dedicated by those who are the recipients of his unselfish bounty and the beneficiaries of his prophetic vision.
|Bas relief of William Mulholland, made by Grace Banks Eldridge. It was purchased by the Department of Water and Power from the artist in 1959 and installed that year next to the fountain. The plaque was damaged by in a bomb blast in 1963 (LAT, Feb 4, 1963). It may have been originally designed ca. 1938 and submitted to the competition to commemorate Mulholland by M. E. Eldridge, the sculptor's spouse, who was employed by the Department of Water and power LAT, July 21, 1938.)|
Section of the 1913 aqueduct pipe, of riveted steel 8 feet in diameter, mounted in the park in 2013 as a sculptural and memorial element:
The landscaping for the 2013 reimagining of the park was designed by Pamela Burton and Company Landscape Architect. It traces the 340 miles of the Los Angeles aqueduct. A stainless steel compass medallion commemorates Mulholland's opening day address on November 5, 1913: "There it is, take it!"