Glow: Dusk & Beyond 2010
7pm-3am September 25, 2010. Santa Monica Beach, Pier and Palisades Park.
Glow has commissioned an extraordinary array of local and international artists to create 20 unique installations, ranging
from acoustic music performances to the most technologically advanced interactive artworks. Produced by the City of Santa Monica,
Glow is a biennial, all night event that re-imagines Santa Monica Beach as a playground for thoughtful and participatory, temporary art.
The official web site for Glow is www.glowsantamonica.org.
Below are a selection of images from that night.
- Celeste Boursier-Mougenot, shapednoise
- John Carpenter, Jerry Digbi and Alex Deutschman, Shoreline Luminescence
- Robert Chapin, Jessica Cail, Ian Forrest & Team, Muscle Beach Glow
- Anne Herlihy, La Bella Luna
- Joshua Howell and Aaron Zeligs, Soft Underbelly.
- Gil Kuno, Haze
- Rafael Lozano-Hemmer, Sandbox
- Corey Madden, Bruno Louchouarn and Keith Mitchell, Day for Night
- Pentti Monkkonen, Barbecue Train
- Christopher O'Leary, Alter Egos
- Hadrian Predock and John Frane, Luminous Passage
- Steve Roden, coast lines
- Klutch Stanaway, Controlled Boulder
- Syyn Labs, DNA Sequencer
- 18th Street Arts Center and LA Commons, Howling at the Sun
- Freewaves and Super Expo, Intersection
- Yoshua Okon - Los Angeles Nomadic Division (LAND), Hot Dog Stick
- Machine Project, Carousel Concerts
- Machine Project, Nautical Music Encampment
- Machine Project, Wandering Musicians: Killsonic
To Public art and sculptural works in Los Angeles
Photos taken by Ruth Wallach
Page maintained by Ruth Wallach