Public Art in Houston (very selective)Assembled here are select images on public art works in Houston, some having to do with transportation routes, which interest me. Not at all a comprehensive list, and rather idiosyncratic.
- TeamHou and Mel Chin Seven Wonders, Sesquicentennial Park, Allen H. Carruth Promenade.
- David Adickes, Cellist, October 1983.
- Terry Allen, Countree Music, 1999. Houston International Airport.
- James Surls, Points of View, 1992. Market Square park.
- Richard Turner, Walkways, 1992. Market Square park.
- Paul Hester, Benches, 1992. Market Square park.
- Malou Flato, Ceramic seats and fountains, 1992. Market Square park.
- Prairie Avenue fountain.
- J. P. Morgan Chase Park.
- Joan Miro, Personage and birds.
- Enrico Cerracchio, Sam Houston Monument, 1925.
- Neon lights at the power station, Hilton of the Americas.
- Houston light rail stations:
- Preston Station
- Main Street Station
Michael Davis, Water Screen, 2003. Main Street, near light rail station.
- Bell Station
- Downtown Transit Station
- McGowen Station
- Ensemble-HCC Station
- Wheeler Station
- Museum District Station
- Memorial Hermann Hospital/Houston Zoo Station
- Dryden TMC station
- TMC Transit Center Station
- Smith Station
- Reliant Park Station
Information maintained by Ruth Wallach, firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Southern California
Back to selected public art works in other cities