Selected Murals in the South Bay
Do not reproduce information from this site without acknowledgement of the artists and their works, or of the authors of this site.
Torrance/Redondo Beach/Hermosa Beach
- Kent Twitchell, 6 LA Artists, 1979. 1220 Engracia Ave at Cravens Ave, Torrance. (Office of the State Architect/CAC)
- Patti Linnett and Debbie Collettee, Mosaics covering the stairs at King Harbor, Redondo Beach, 2009.
- Wyland, Whaling Wall no. 31, 1991. 1100 North Harbor Drive, Redondo Beach.
- Karin Civit Johnson with Don Johnson, Welcome to Redondo Beach, southern end of Beach Drive, Redondo Beach.
- Neal and Dawn Von Flue, Sunny Southern California, Pier Avenue, Redondo Beach/Hermosa Beach.
- E. J. Harpham, Tile Mural, 10th street at Beach Drive, Hermosa Beach.
- Paul Tzanetopoulos, Permanent Wave, 1997. Manhattan Beach, public restrooms next to the pier.
- Michele Taylor, Beyond the Shore, Riviera Place, Redondo Beach.
- Mural, Bull Pen restaurant, Redondo Beach.
- Mural, Parking lot of Full Sail Real Estate agency. Pacific Coast Highway and 17th St, Hermosa Beach.
Richard Brandt, Dancers of Life, 1995. Washington Middle School. 15th and Pacific, Long Beach
Ben Valenzuela, Community of Music, 1989. Washington Middle School. 15th and Pacific, Long Beach
Richard Brandt, Expand your Mind with Science, 1994. 1995. Washington Middle School. 15th and Pacific, Long Beach
Vince, Where School is Cool and Unity Rules. Washington Middle School, 15th and Pacific, Long Beach"Warriors", Washington Middle School, 15th and Pacific, Long Beach
Gregory Pickens, Fun in the Sun, Long Beach Day Nursery, 15th St. Detail of the side wall
Eva Cockcroft, Open Minds Open Hearts: Building the Future, 1992. 346 W. 8th St. (corner of Chestnut), Long Beach.
H. Vue, Peace, 3/93. 8th and Chestnut, Long Beach
R. Diaz and J. Juarez, Peace, 7/93. 8th and Chestnut, Long BeachRichard Mendoza, Village Pride with Sights High, 1992. Drake Park, 10th and Maine, Long Beach
Royd Hatta and Ben Valenzuela, Soaring Beyond the Stars, 1993. Admiral Kidd Park, 2125 Santa Fe Ave, Long Beach.
Art Mortimer, A History of West Long Beach, 8/94. Santa Fe at Pacific Coast Highway, Long BeachMichael Whitmyre, Untitled. 1600 Anaheim Blvd at Walnut, Long Beach
Elliott Pinkney, Together We Dance, 1991. Walnut at Anaheim Blvd., Long Beach
Elizabeth Garrison, Storytellers, 1991. 14th and Peterson, Long Beach
Michelle Saucedo (?), Untitled. 14th and Peterson, Long Beach
Uriarte, Ramos, Mukahata, Por los derechos plenos, 1989. Warren and Anaheim, Long Beach
Long Beach Recreation Center and Public Library, Knowledge in Any Language - Power, 1994. Warren and Anaheim, Long Beach. Another detail
Untitled, Anaheim Blvd., Long Beach. Building formerly owned by the State. Another detail.
Untitled, Santa Fe Blvd. and 20th, Long Beach.
To Murals in Los Angeles
Photos taken by Ruth Wallach.
Page maintained by Ruth Wallach. Last updated 1/2015.