Public Art Works in the Grand Hope/South Park Area, Los Angeles
Grand Ave to the east, 9th St. to the north, Figueroa St. to the west. This page also includes works south of the Park.
Do not reproduce information from this site without acknowledgement of the artists and their works, or of the authors of this site.
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, 9th and Grand:
- Tony Berlant, with Gwynn Murrill, Angel, 1990. Bronze sculpture. (CRA%)
- Tony Berlant, Yang Na, 1990. Murals in the entryway rotunda. (CRA%)
- Grand Hope Park, between Grand, Hope and 9th:
- A brief history of the Grand Hope Park.
- Lawrence Halprin, Clock Tower, 1993. (CRA%)
- Around Poet's Walk:
- Details of the area around the pergolas, which include fauna sculptures by Gwynn Murrill, birds of the Southwest stencils by Paul Guerrero, and poetry by Wanda Coleman and Kate Braverman:
- Gwynn Murril, Urban Curiosity, 1993. A bronze ensemble which includes coyotes, a hawk perched on a pergola, and a snake. (CRA%)
- Pergola featuring stencils of birds of the Southwest by Raul Guerrero, and poetry by Wanda Coleman and Kate Braverman, 1993. (CRA%)
- Lita Albuquerque, views of the Celestial Source fountain, 1993. (CRA%)
- Raul Guerrero, Ancient Fossils (also popularly known as the Lizard Bench), 1993. Granite and mosaic. (CRA%)
- Raul Guerrero, Los Angeles Basin circa 1840 (also known as the Antwall), 1993. Ceramic frieze. (CRA%)
- Raul Guerrero, Mirage Fountain, 1993. Granite and mosaic. (CRA%)
- Renaissance Tower, Grand, Olympic and Hope:
- Marlo Bartels, Untitled , air vents, columns, mosaic panels, 1994. Renaissance Tower. (CRA%)
- Ed Carpenter, Architectural glass windows, 1994. Renaissance Tower lobby. (CRA%)
- Christopher Lee, Weathervane, 1994. Renaissance Tower. (CRA%)
- Christopher Lee, Renaissance Turbine 1994. Renaissance Tower. (CRA%)
- Metropolitan and Skyline buildings, between Flower and Hope, Olympic and 9th:
- Dewaine Valentine, Diamond Waterwall, 1989. (CRA%). Metropolitan.
- Guy Dill, Untitled; Egalmah Series, 1982-83. (CRA%). Skyline, Flower Street side.
- Gary Dwyer, Angular Unconformity, 1983 (CRA%). Skyline, Hope Street side.
- Electroland, EnterActive, MetLofts, 2006 (CRA%). 11th and Flower. Lobby and external LED display.
- Bob Zoell, Untitled, 2007. Ralphs garage, 9th and Flower.
Other works in the area:
- Mark Lere, Untitled, 1988. Federal Reserve Bank, Olympic and Grand. (CRA%).
- Edgar Walters, facade panel, 1930. The old Federal Reserve Building, 409 Olympic Blvd.
- Adam Leventhal, Esperanza Gardens, 1997. Olympic and Hope. (CRA%)
- Kent Twitchell, Ed Ruscha Mural, 1978-87. Mural at 1031 So. Hill Street, south of Grand Hope Park. Painted over in June 2006.
- Mayan Theater, 1040 S. Hill St. 1927, Morgan, Walls, Clements, architects. Detail of Francisco Cornejo's bas relief on the facade.
- Kim Grover (Abierto), Untitled (Cabbage mural), 1993. Flower Street, South of Grand Hope Park.
- Shrine On, construction mural, 2016.Hope and Pico.
- Mineko Grimmer, Untitled (fountain), 1988. 1414 S. Grand Ave (California Center Office building).
- Manzano Udine, Promosedia, 2003. Los Angeles Mart, 1933 South Broadway.
- Alexis Laurent, Billboard, 2011. Los Angeles Mart, 1933 South Broadway.
- Unidentified columns (markers). Stanford Street, on either side of Washington Boulevard, near the Blue Line.