St. Vincent Place, between Hill/Broadway and 6th/7th Streets, Los Angeles.
This was the site of Saint Vincent's College from 1868 to 1887. The College, now Loyola University, was founded by the Vincentian Fathers in 1865 and was the first institution of higher learning in Southern California. California registered historical landmark no. 567. Plaque placed by California State Park Commission in cooperation with County of Los Angeles and Bullock's Inc., September 4, 1957. Rededicated by Los Angeles United Investment Co., 1984.
Back to Downtown Historic Core