1) Welcome to City Hall Los Angeles, City Administrative Officer, Information Service, n.d.
2) Millard Owen Sheets, 81; Artist, Designer and Teacher, Los Angeles Times, April 2, 1989.
3) Letter from Millard Sheets to George Schuyler, July 3, 1975, in Vertical File, Los Angeles-Architecture-City Hall, Art Department, Los Angeles Public Library.
4) Minutes, Board of Municipal Arts Commissioners, April 29, 1970, June 10, 1979, February 10, 1971, March 10, 1971, March 24, 1971, May 12, 1971.
5) The following are in the Millard Sheets Papers at the Archives of American Art:
- Letter, from William Stockwell, to Kenneth Ross, February 4, 1970, re: names of artists and scope of work in Los Angeles Mall;
- Millard Sheets Designs, Los Angeles City Hall Annex-Tile Murals-Family of Man, Accounting of Money Received from Interpace Corporation, n.d.
- Agreement between Interpace Corporation and Millard Sheets, March 11, 1971.
- Budget for L.A. City Hall East: Ceramic Murals on Main Street and Los Angeles Street facades, June 3, 1970.
- Proposal, from Millard Sheets Designs Incorporated for Los Angeles City Hall Annex, November 5, 1968.
- Handwritten artist statement, The Family of Man, n.d.
The bibliography has been provided courtesy of Michael Several, Los Angeles, August 1997.
Back to the Family of Man.